Play Guitar for beginners – Learn to play the guitar in a few hours
Playing guitar is not hard. In fact, if you put in just a few minutes per day, you can get pretty good and quickly. At first, you will only be able to play a couple of minutes because your will find your fingers hurting pretty badly. Push through and it comes pretty fast. It is like anything else. No pain, no gain! 🙂
This free online guitar course takes you right from the absolute guitar beginner stage and doesn’t require you to have any knowledge of music whatsoever. All you will need is a guitar in your hands and then we’re ready to begin.
The course covers the following topics:
1. Name the parts of the guitar
2. Understand the names and numbers of the strings and frets
3. Understand fingering rules and conventions for each hand
4. Make nice clean sounding notes and chords
5. Tune the guitar by ear as well as by tuning machine
6. Read guitar tab that will allow you access to the millions of songs available on internet guitar tab sites.
7. Link notes together in musical phrases, riffs and licks
8. Lay the foundations of good lead guitar technique and proper coordination between right and left hands
9. Develop speed without sacrificing quality
10. Play the ‘Beginners Boogie’ a fun tune that’s nice and easy to play
11. Play chords and how to read different types of chord diagram
12. Change quickly from one chord to another
13. Use the metronome to develop good time-keeping from the outset.