Play Guitar for beginners – Learn to play the guitar in a few hours
Playing guitar is not hard. In fact, if you put in just a few minutes per day, you can get pretty good and quickly. At first, you will only be able to play a couple of minutes because your will find your fingers hurting pretty badly. Push through and it comes pretty fast. It is like anything else. No pain, no gain! 🙂
This free online guitar course takes you right from the absolute guitar beginner stage and doesn’t require you to have any knowledge of music whatsoever. All you will need is a guitar in your hands and then we’re ready to begin.
The course covers the following topics:
1. Name the parts of the guitar
2. Understand the names and numbers of the strings and frets
3. Understand fingering rules and conventions for each hand
4. Make nice clean sounding notes and chords
5. Tune the guitar by ear as well as by tuning machine
6. Read guitar tab that will allow you access to the millions of songs available on internet guitar tab sites.
7. Link notes together in musical phrases, riffs and licks
8. Lay the foundations of good lead guitar technique and proper coordination between right and left hands
9. Develop speed without sacrificing quality
10. Play the ‘Beginners Boogie’ a fun tune that’s nice and easy to play
11. Play chords and how to read different types of chord diagram
12. Change quickly from one chord to another
13. Use the metronome to develop good time-keeping from the outset.
Here is Weesay, the Bob Marley of Liberia! He is a blind man who lives in the capital city of Monrovia. Weesay enjoys singing reggae with an instrument that he created using a stick of wood stuck to an oil can. Here is his song, O! Chips. It sounds like there are a couple of strings there, too. We can’t make them out, though. He is definitely great. Let’s make him famous! Share this video!
Weesay | The free spirited Liberian – O! Chips
His name is Wesseh Freeman, he’s a self-taught singer and composer from Monrovia (Liberia). Wesseh is blind and plays music in the streets to make a living.
Some guy named Nicky’s family owns a chip company and asked this guy to do their jingle. Here is what he says on youtube: “My brother got a street musician named weesay the free spirited Liberian in monrovia, Liberia to do a jingle for our brand of potato chips. The brand is O! Chips.
Sach Ramchandani made a video of someone (possibly him) giving Weesay a guitar. Watch this video…
Hi. And thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to leave a comment or question for us and we will get back to you. We have totally redesigned the entire site so, take a few minutes and look around!
We have a great little “facebook-like” community set up just for singers and musicians. Learn new techniques, begin a new instrument or just chat to fellow music aficionados. Leave stories, questions, photos or videos on our wall (we call it our Timeline) for the world to see.
We just ask that you first Register. It is free and we ask that you do it so that we can prevent spam. (the majority of spam, because some still seeps through. 🙁 )